Metropolitan Washington - Baltimore students in grades 4-8 are invited to submit a creative poster that brings to light the solutions to air pollution and climate change and inspires people to take actions to improve our region’s air quality. The deadline for submissions is March 24, 2017.
Full announcement and contest entry form.
Entries will be judged in two grade-level categories:
Category 1: Grades 4-6
Category 2: Grades 7-8
Example topics include:
- Health effects of air pollution.
- Increasing energy efficiency to combat climate change
- Alternative transportation such as bike/walk to school, taking transit, carpool, etc.
- Ways to reduce ground-level ozone and air pollutants.
- Alternatives to fossil fuels to reduce air pollution.
- The Air Quality Index as an education tool.
- Green jobs related to air quality and climate change.
There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner selected for each of the two grade-level categories. All winners will be notified on April 14, 2017. Winning students, their teachers, and parents will be invited to attend our Annual Awards held in May, where they will be formally recognized by Clean Air Partners.
- 1st Place Winner: $150 gift card. The teacher of the winner will also receive a $100 gift card.
- 2nd Place Winner: $50 gift card.
- 3rd Place Winner: $25 gift card.
How to Enter:
Posters must be postmarked by March 24th, 2017. Send poster and completed entry form to the address below.
Clean Air Partners
777 North Capitol St, NE Suite 300
Washington DC, 20002