Clean Air Partners is sponsoring a slogan contest for local middle and elementary students. The purpose of the contest is to engage students and educators to study and actively pursue solutions to air pollution and climate change.
Metropolitan Washington - Baltimore students in grades 4-8 were invited to submit a creative slogan that brings to light the solutions to air pollution and climate change and inspires people to take actions to improve our region’s air quality.
Some example topics include but are not limited to:
- Increasing energy efficiency to combat climate change.
- Reducing electricity consumption.
- Alternative transportation such as bike/walk to school, taking transit, carpool, etc.
- Ways to reduce ground-level ozone and air pollutants.
- Alternative to fossil fuels.
- The Air Quality Index as an education tool.
- “Green Jobs” related to air quality and climate change.