Clean Air Partners is sponsoring a slogan contest for local middle and elementary students. The purpose of the contest is to engage students and educators to study and actively pursue solutions to air pollution and climate change.
Metropolitan Washington - Baltimore students in grades 4-8 are invited to submit a creative slogan that brings to light the solutions to air pollution and climate change and inspires people to take actions to improve our region’s air quality.
Some example topics include but are not limited to:
- The Air Quality Index as an education tool.
- Alternatives to fossil fuels to reduce air pollution
- Ways to reduce ground-level ozone and air pollutants.
- Increasing energy efficiency to combat climate change.
- Alternative transportation such as biking to work, teleworking, etc.
- Reducing electricity consumption.
- “Green Jobs” related to air quality and climate change.
All students in grades 4 through 8 residing in the metropolitan Washington and Baltimore region can participate by submitting an original slogan. Entries will be judged in two grade-level categories: category 1 (grades 4-6) and category 2 (grades 7-8).
There will be one winner selected for each of the two grade-level categories, for a total of two winners. Enter using this google form by November 20, 2020. Contest rules and details.