Clean Air Partners is sponsoring a poster contest for local middle and elementary students. The purpose of the contest is to engage students and educators to study and actively pursue solutions to air pollution and climate change.
Metropolitan Washington - Baltimore students in grades 4-8 are invited to submit a creative poster that brings to light the solutions to air pollution and climate change and inspires people to take actions to improve our region’s air quality.
Some example topics include but are not limited to:
- Health effects of air pollution.
- The Air Quality Index as an education tool.
- Alternatives to fossil fuels to reduce air pollution.
- Ways to reduce ground-level ozone and air pollutants.
- Increasing energy efficiency to combat climate change.
- Alternative transportation such as biking to work, teleworking, etc.
- “Green Jobs” related to air quality and climate change.
All students in grades 4 through 8 residing in the metropolitan Washington and Baltimore region can participate by submitting an original poster. Entries will be judged in two grade-level categories: category 1 (grades 4-6) and category 2 (grades 7-8).
There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner selected for each of the two grade-level categories, for a total of six winners. Enter by emailing a picture of your slogan and completed submission form to CleanAirPartnersDC@gmail.com by March 26, 2021. Contest rules and entry form.