Help Spread the Word about Reducing Air Pollution and the Impacts of Climate Change!
We are pleased to announce our 9th annual poster contest for local middle and elementary students. This year's theme is "Lend a Hand to Stop Pollution, be the Solution " The purpose of the poster contest is to engage students and educators to study and actively pursue solutions to air pollution and climate change.
Metropolitan Washington - Baltimore students in grades 4-8 are invited to submit a creative poster that brings to light the solutions to air pollution and climate change and inspires people to take actions to improve our region’s air quality. The deadline for submissions is March 24, 2017.
Entries will be judged in two grade-level categories:
- Category 1: Grades 4-6
- Category 2: Grades 7-8
- Health effects of air pollution.
- Increasing energy efficiency to combat climate change
- Alternative transportation such as bike/walk to school, taking transit, carpool, etc.
- Ways to reduce ground-level ozone and air pollutants.
- Alternatives to fossil fuels to reduce air pollution.
- The Air Quality Index as an education tool.
- “Green Jobs” related to air quality and climate change.
- 1st Place Winner: $150 gift card. The teacher of the winner will also receive a $100 gift card.
- 2nd Place Winner: $50 gift card.
- 3rd Place Winner: $25 gift card.
How to Enter:
Posters must be postmarked by March 24th, 2017. Send poster and completed entry form to the address below.
Clean Air Partners
c/o Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
777 North Capitol St, NE Suite 300
Washington DC, 20002