Last Updated: January 10, 2007
Clean Air Partners wants to assure you that it respects your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. That is why Clean Air Partners collects only the information that is needed to serve you and administer our programs. All personal information provided to Clean Air Partners is used for the Clean Air Partners purposes only. All personal information will remain confidential. Clean Air Partners will not share or sell your information to outside organizations or companies.
Clean Air Partners follows the principles outlined below.
1. Personally Identifiable Information
This Policy is intended to cover personally identifiable information (“PII”). PII includes information such as your first or last name, your home or e-mail address, and your telephone number. Generally, Clean Air Partners only obtains your PII when you register for our distribution list or when you send comments to Clean Air Partners through the use of one of our comment forms.
3. Use of Information
- We may use personal information to provide the services you've requested, including services that display customized content and advertising.
- We may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve Google technologies and services.
- We may share aggregated non-personal information with third parties outside of Google.
- We may also share information with third parties in limited circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services.
4. Your Choices
- We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
- We make good faith efforts to provide you access to your personal information upon request and to let you correct such data if it is inaccurate and delete it, when reasonably possible.
If you chose to engage in certain activities on this site, such as registering for services, entering contests, or sending comments, Clean Air Partners may ask you to provide PII by filling out and submitting an online form. These activities, are completely optional for you to engage in, however, Clean Air Partners may ask that you provide information, such as your first and last name, home or business mailing address (including ZIP code), e-mail address, employer name, job title and department, telephone and facsimile numbers, as well as some other personal information that may be used for verification (i.e. birth-place, eye color, etc). Some of the information that Clean Air Partners asks you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you choose to not provide the mandatory information with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity.
Clean Air Partners collects PII information in order to deliver the products, information, and services you request easily and efficiently and to administer Clean Air Partners’ programs. The privacy of your PII is a serious matter. Clean Air Partners will not sell or distribute your personal information outside of Clean Air Partners’ member agencies unless it is otherwise posted on the relevant online questionnaire.
When requesting credit card information, Clean Air Partners uses secure sockets layers (SSL) encryption to protect the transmission of the information you submit, through secure online forms.
If you send Clean Air Partners an e-mail, you should know that e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. So if your communication includes sensitive information and you would prefer not to use one of our online forms, contact us by postal mail or telephone rather than e-mail.
7. Notice of Changes to this Policy
8. Notice to Parents
Parents or guardians: Clean Air Partners wants to assist you in guarding your children’s privacy. Clean Air Partners encourages you to discuss safe and responsible use of personal information while using the Internet. You can find more information on this subject at http://www.americalinksup.org/furthermore, under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, (http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm) no Web site operator can require, as a condition of participation in an activity, that a child under the age of 13 disclose more information than is reasonably necessary. Clean Air Partners abides by this requirement.
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us any time. Or write to us at:
Clean Air Partners
c/o Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments
777 N. Capitol Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002